Thursday, January 16, 2014


Here's some gear reviews from a day in the backcountry.
I was sporting 4FRNT CRJ's in 180cm, 4FRNT skins, Dynafit Vulcan AT boots, Dynafit Radical FT bindings. 

 4FRNT Skins worked like a dream. I was a little skeptical at first when I cut them for my skis. They seemed to good to be true.
They are light, stick to the ski very well and come off extremely easy when you want them to. A+++
 Dynafit Vulcan with the Radical FT:
Boot is great, light and stiff with great articulation when skinning in walk mode.
Also I skinned in these with the stiffening tongue in place, no problems.
Rocks on the downhill.
 Radical FT binding:
Good light AT binding, had some issues at first while skinning with the boot coming out, flipped the toe into tour mode and problem solved.
The impressive thing on these bindings was the climbing heel, two positions for varying pitches and can flip from engaged to disengaged with the flick of a ski pole.



 Why we do what we do!!!!!
 I would recommend this setup for anyone looking to get backcountry(or resort) that is looking for a light sick AT setup. Not the cheapest but good stuff isn't cheap.




No comments:

Post a Comment